Friday, January 28, 2011

What to do in Cairo when the city is in lock down...

All, just wanted to let you know that Cairo is at least for me still relatively safe. I actually literally need to watch TV in order to know that it's a mess in some locations.Cairo is a rather big city and the uproar is pretty much concentrated at locations that I hardly ever visit and now actually won't go.

Please know that on TV they only show the bad stuff, the molestations and all, it's not really fun to watch on TV that roads are wide open and finally I can go from my home to the office in under 30 minutes. That the beggars are not in the streets because the cars can now drive by with speed so nobody will open the window and give some money.

Please understand that I'm not trying to say that nothing is happening, but it's very much concentrated at certain locations. Meanwhile communications in Cairo suck. Twitter, Facebook, SMS and mobile calls are pretty much blocked all together.

Btw, at the moment I'm in the Netherlands and consider it a challenge to get back to Cairo and go to work on Monday. If nothing else, I want to experience going to the office in under 30 minutes again.

I'll post more on the topic later, I understand the title of the post requires this.

Iwan

No comments:

Post a Comment