Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Why you want to suffer from food poisoning in Egypt

Okay, first of all, you shouldn't want to have food poisoning at all, not even in Egypt, but if you are ever going to suffer from food poisoning, it's best to suffer from it in Egypt. And I'm talking from experience... I think.

Last week I got hit by "Nuerburg's disease", I got the racing shitters. When there's something I really don't like in sickness it's the unconventional way your food tends to leave your body. I hate having to puke all the time, but having the shitters I think is even worse (of course, both at the same time is even more horrible). I can handle pain, well Ibuprofen can.

But let me get back on track.

So I got a serious case of diarrhea last week and I think it was due to food poisoning. My guess I had a salad or something that wasn't cleaned with clean water or not clean at all. Something like that. It started on Tuesday and it took me until yesterday to consider myself cured. Imodium was what saved me in the end.

So what does this have to do with Egypt? Simple, I have never, seriously, experienced such soft toilet paper. And I am not kidding here. Especially the toilet paper from Fine is extremely soft. It's as if you're wiping yourself with a fresh cloth of the most exquisite cotton. I kid you not.
You have to look for it though because even Fine has some less soft toilet paper in the shops. And anybody who's had the dubious pleasure of suffering from "Nuerburg's disease" can attest that one of the worst parts is the soreness resulting from all the wiping. Even baby sudocreme doesn't handle that.

Once I was on a scuba trip with a couple of guys and one of them actually was working for Fine, Aly. He explained about the whole deal behind toilet paper and the research and all. And I was kind of not taking it too serious. Who would? But now I am very thankful of Aly's work or I believe it was his colleagues work at Fine for their great job.

I've had the shitters in other countries (Netherlands, Germany, Switzerland, USA, UK, Belgium, Greece, Spain, Brasil, Mexico) and always the toilet paper was what made me hate most about the whole thing. The soreness after wiping. But this honestly was not the case last couple of days.

Now I'm all done with the diarrhea and apart from a funny feeling in my bowels it's all over now. All but the toilet paper. I still have some and relish it. I'm not keeping it for the next food poisoning, I'm just going to make sure I buy the right paper next time I'm running out of it.

Iwan

No comments:

Post a Comment