Thursday, June 21, 2012

The start of a challenging journey... ?


Hi,

According to many of my friends and colleagues here in Egypt, it is a critical day today as today there will be the official results of the elections announced. And they tell me, actually some warn me, that there is a very high chance for significant disturbances. That there will be new demonstrations on Tahrir square today, protest marches and even violence in the streets.
Some have given me the advice to bring my travel stuff to the office, such that I can go straight to the airport if need be.

I find this sort of hard to believe as I really have a hard time imagining the Egyptian people to be violent and rioterish. Of course there are some individuals who are just that, but I feel the masses are these friendly, helpful, not aggressive at all kind people.

We'll see today and for what it's wort, I wish my friends, colleagues and the rest of Egypt that today is the true start of their journey towards a better future, however that needs to be implemented.

Iwan

No comments:

Post a Comment